Infrastructure Engineer - 1292633
We are building a vertically integrated platform for managing the health of our patients. No more silos or navigating multiple companies to seek care and unexpected bills. We’re rebuilding from first principles, focusing on patients and delivering the highest quality care, not billing. Preventative care will be made easy and accessible to our patients, facilitated by the lab infrastructure we built for the scale of the Covid-19 pandemic. The work we’ve done delivering more than 35 million Covid-19 tests and 2 million vaccinations during the pandemic has given us the resources and lessons to achieve this mission.
Infrastructure includes orchestrating our services, data engineering to support company wide decision making, ensuring reliability of critical systems, and enabling development velocity. Our team is remote, and we’re dedicated to creating an ambitious and diverse organization to represent and support the patients we serve.
This team is supporting important services for patients' health. We need to minimize downtime and performance issues at an abnormally high level of quality due to the critical nature of the services we provide. You should be enthusiastic about supporting these systems and interested in attempting to bring modern practices to a lagging industry.
Finally it's important to us that everyone on our team be prepared to work with and supportive of a variety of backgrounds, roles, and needs. Our organization is built on trust and mutual respect, we know that it's only together that we achieve truly great things.
- Secure and protect sensitive medical and billing data.
- Maintain uptime and reliability of critical services currently depended upon by hundreds of thousands of daily users.
- Work with our team to develop processes and tools that keep us shipping quickly as our organization grows and demands change.
- Configure and scale services in response to bursts of load and changing requirements.
- 3+ years of experience working with AWS services, infrastructure as code, and monitoring solutions ideally as part of an infrastructure or SRE team.
- Empathy for our users and understanding of the responsibilities we have in providing reliable and secure service.
- Thrive in an incredibly fast-paced, scrappy environment where we can go from idea to production in 24 hours.