Manager, Project / Program Management (Hybrid) - Job ID # 17504
Manages one or more small to medium-sized programs/task orders for successful performance consistent with agreements. Manages/develops the program budget, schedule and operating procedures, and manages program-level client interactions. Responsible for assisting in program expansion through leadership of proposals for existing work and some new tasks/projects, and start-up and staffing of new program work. Leads and mentors direct reports, who typically work directly on the task orders under a program-level vehicle. Mentors all the staff on business acumen, professional growth, business growth and corporate strategies. Acquires follow-on business associated with assigned programs/projects and supports new business development by leading and or assisting with re-compete proposals. Works closely with customer(s) and team to ensure open and regular communication, both written and oral. Identifies corporate capabilities to present to customer(s) to expand the business and leverages existing customer relationships to identify new opportunities.
Oversees the initiating and planning of program/project activities, and performs professional and/or technical work related to program/project management. Manages the execution effort by controlling scope, budget, schedule, quality, risk, customer satisfaction in accordance with the contract requirements.
Manages customer interactions and expectations.
Provides significant support for proposal/pricing development for related new business.
Attends to staffing needs, such as interviewing, rewards & recognition, mentoring, and conflict resolution. Provides leadership of task order proposals for new/follow-on work under a program.
Manages the evaluation of implications/risks on existing or proposed projects, programs, processes, and policies/laws and implements improvements.
Acts as technical lead on one or more tasks, conducting and overseeing quality assurance on major deliverables.
Reports on program status to clients and Company leadership. Work may include integrating vendor tasks into the project plan and tracking and reviewing vendor deliverables.
Acts as a mentor to all team members.
This position manages people.
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree OR in lieu of a Bachelor's degree, an additional 4 years of relevant work experience is required in addition to the required work experience.
- Certified Project Manager (IAPM)
- Certified Project Management Professional (PMP)-PMI
Experience: 5 years experience as a project manager or other team lead and budget management role AND 1 year supervisory experience or demonstrated progressive leadership experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
- Ability to train and mentor others.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Proficient in project planning and life cycle development.
- Manages the tailoring of Company project processes to ensure adherence to customer policy and processes.
- Must be able to effectively work in a fast-paced environment with frequently changing priorities, deadlines, and workloads that can be variable for long periods of time. Must be able to meet established deadlines and handle multiple customer service demands from internal and external customers, within set expectations for service excellence. Must be able to effectively communicate and provide positive customer service to every internal and external customer, including customers who may be demanding or otherwise challenging.